Friday, June 18, 2010

New Pages - Revised!

Sorry, I changed the titles and purpose of the  "pages"!  I didn't like how it worked.  The pages are listed across the top, under the blog title, and are "static".  Whatever is posted there will remain - it will NOT be updated by new blog postings. You can continue to EDIT it indefinitely (click on the pencil icon), but no notice goes out to the rest of us that the page has been updated.  SO, I thought maybe it will work better as individual pages for each of us, to put whatever we want to describe us (or whatever!).  BTW - here's how the Blogger HELP link describes Pages.

The original way I designed pages (Books, TV and Videos, Travel, Food) did not allow for constant updating - and I KNOW that's the information we love to share with one another!! So - I hope this works a little better.  If it's confusing - just ignore the Pages for now! 

One way we can identify (and find!) postings about books, tv, food, etc, is to add Labels to our posts. That option is available in the lower right corner of a blog posting.  Check out the linked help article on Labels for how to do that.

To post to the blog, choose New Post, on the Dashboard, which is viewable AFTER you sign in to your account.  Once signed in, your computer may remember you, in which case you will NOT need to sign in each time you want to post to the blog (that is, as long as you don't click on "Sign Out"!).  

Getting familiar with the Blogger (blogspot.com) tools may feel awkward at first, but it really is FUN soon enough!!  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment